My Big Fat Greek Wedding絕對是經典敗犬女郎追愛的故事，打破多項影史紀錄。對保守的希臘家庭來說，寶貝女兒要嫁給一個”阿多仔”，搞定整個家族老少可不容易，這衝擊很大的婚禮，會帶來什麼令人噴飯的笑果呢？
This film is a sweet look at the American immigrant family, and specifically, the tension that has existed between many immigrant parents who want their children to marry a person from their own ethnic background, and those children who find partners from elsewhere in the great American “melting pot.”
Astronomy, philosophy and Democracy! :: Bravo, very good.
Example: Bravo! You will not allow age to hold you back.
If nagging was an Olympic sport, my aunt Voula would have a gold medal.
“To nag”是一個很可愛的動詞，假如有人”nag” 你，他會一直叫你做一些你不想要做的事情或是你還沒有做的事情，精準一點說就是嘮叨。
Example: My girlfriend nagged me to cut my hair.
You set me up with her already.
“To set up” 兩個人就是想要把他們兩個送作堆，看對彼此會不會有興趣，可以發展浪漫的愛情。
Example: My mom keeps setting me up with her friends’ sons.
We must let Kostko think this was his idea, that he came up with it.
假如你“To come up with” an idea，就是在說你自己想出或創造出這個想法或意見。an idea is to think of it or create it yourself.
Example: I hope you can come up with a better plan than this.
1. This movie seems to be about Greek-American culture; In fact, is it really about all kinds of ethnic Americans? How so?
2. If you were Ian, would you have agreed to join another church in order to marry Toula?
3. How does your family compare to Toula’s? What about compared to Ian’s?
4. Has the United States largely succeeded in creating a great “melting pot” (in which people from all cultures have blended together), or is it more like a “salad bowl” (in which people from different cultures stick to their own groups)?
5. Did you like this movie? Why or why not?
※Copyright ©2013 by 看電影學英文